SOPHIE AMBROZA Foundation announces the research paper competition of students and doctoral students of the Faculty of Medicine of Vilnius University for the award of a one-time scholarship.
Terms and conditions of the competition: students and doctoral students who actively participate in research and have research publications and who have not yet received the scholarship from the Sophie Ambroza Foundation (hereinafter – Scholarship) are eligible to participate. The applicants will be approved by the committee formed by the Research, Innovation and Doctoral Studies Department of the Faculty of Medicine of Vilnius University (hereinafter – VU MF).
Criteria for the applicants:
- VU MF students whose academic performance is good, who actively participate in research activities and who published scientific publications in the previous calendar year.
- VU MF doctoral students who have conducted significant research and who published scientific publications in the Clarivate Analytics Web of Science platform in the previous calendar year.
VU MF students are invited to submit their applications to participate in the competition by 4 February 2022. The weighted average grade of the participants for all courses must be at least 7.50, the applicants must actively participate in research and have scientific publications.
The following information shall be provided:
- an application for the Scholarship addressed to the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine;
- a certificate indicating the weighted average grade for the courses in the last two semesters;
- a list of scientific publications published in the 2021;
- scanned copies of the cover pages of the journals in which the articles have been published and scanned copies of the first pages of the articles indicating the authors and their institutional affiliation;
- information on participation in student research activities.
Scientific publications of doctoral students in the previous calendar year with the institutional affiliation of the author (VU MF) shall be selected from the Clarivate Analytics Web of Science platform based on the impact factor.
The documents submitted for the competition will be evaluated on the basis of the Regulations for granting the one-time named Scholarship from the funds of the Sophie Valentina Ambroza’s Will and Testament to students and doctoral students of VU MF.
The applicants will be notified about the results of the competition once they are known and the date of the award of the Scholarship has been agreed.