Important information regarding the organisation of the study process in the autumn semester of the 2022–2023 academic year
Please be informed that the standard mode of instruction at Vilnius University will be face-to-face in the autumn semester of the 2022–2023 academic year.
When planning studies at the Faculty of Medicine and in order to ensure a smooth study process, we would like to draw your attention to several important points. We will continue studies according to the practice established in the spring semester of the 2021–2022 academic year, which made it possible to use classrooms more efficiently, take advantage of remote learning opportunities and maintain a high-quality teacher-student ratio.
- Lectures conducted remotely/in a hybrid mode.
- Pre-recorded lectures (links to the recordings will be uploaded in the virtual learning environment [VLE] platform [emokymai.vu.lt]). Links to the recordings will be stored in the VLE until the end of the course/module (until the final examination or a retake date). Links to the pre-recorded lectures will be stored in the VLE until the beginning of the relevant lectures specified in the VU MF course schedule.
- Lectures held in the real time specified in the course schedule (on the MS Teams platform) – except for clinical courses in the Medicine study programme, where lectures are pre-recorded and links to the recordings are uploaded in the VLE (emokymai.vu.lt).
- Links to the recordings of lectures in real-time on the MS Teams platform will be uploaded in the VLE and will be stored until the end of the relevant course/module. If the course/module continues for two semesters, links to the recordings of lectures and other methodological material in the course/module will be stored in the VLE during the entire duration of the course (both semesters until the final examination or a retake date).
Links to lectures conducted remotely and other information necessary for login (login passcodes, etc.) will be published in the VLE in advance (not later than one working day before the start of the lecture).
- The first lecture of each course/module will be conducted face-to-face in the classroom or in real time on the MS Teams platform. Students will be notified about it. During the first lecture, students will familiarise themselves with the course/module description, procedures, evaluation criteria and methods, literature sources and electronic databases used in the course, and will be able to ask questions regarding the studies in the course. The link to the video recording of the first lecture, like the links to other recordings, will be uploaded in the VLE. If the first lecture takes place in a classroom where there is no possibility to make a recording, the information about the studies in the course provided during the lecture must be summarized and uploaded in the VLE.
- The timetable must specify the time, place and form of a lecture. If the first lecture takes place in the classroom, the address of the place must be provided.
- Seminars will be conducted face-to-face except where a hybrid mode is used (e.g. a computer simulation) or better study results are achieved by studying remotely.
- All examinations (midterm and final) in the autumn semester of the 2022–2023 academic year will take place face-to-face, unless the epidemiological situation requires otherwise.
- Retakes in the autumn semester of the 2022–2023 academic year will take place face-to-face.
- All practice activities (laboratory work, practice, medical practice) will take place face-to-face.
Have a great start of the new academic year!
Department of Studies