Please note that there is usually no ready-made procedure for such study transfer since the Faculty of Medicine of Vilnius University offers a limited number of new study placements per year in each degree programme. Please contact the International Relations and Programmes office and inquire whether such a study transfer arrangement is possible.
Study Transfer Requirements (according to the Description of Admission of a Person Who Has Studied in Another Country or Foreign Institution of Higher Education and Wishes to Continue His/Her Studies at Vilnius University Procedure)1:
- a candidate must be a student, he/she has to be enrolled in higher education at a university abroad;
- a student can only transfer his/her studies to the corresponding study programme with the one he/she has been studying at a university abroad;
- a student can only transfer his/her studies to the 2nd or the 3rd semester of a study programme;
- a student should not have any failed exams;
- the differences between the subjects of programme that a student has studied and the one a student wishes to study should not exceed 15 ECTS;
- if the differences exceed 15 ECTS, a student should eliminate them before his/her study transfer;
- if the differences do not exceed 15 ECTS, a student is allowed to eliminate them during the first year after a study transfer;
- the beginning of the studies, when the studies have been transferred, is the beginning of a new semester;
- a student is not allowed to transfer his/her studies to Vilnius University if a student has violated the integrity of a study process: cheating during the exam, plagiarism, etc. at a university abroad.
Then, if a student passes the University's admission procedures and is admitted as a degree student, he/she may be able to receive some course compensation based on earlier studies abroad after the admission.
Transfer applications will not be reviewed until transcripts are received from all institutions attended. If enrolled in autumn classes, please be sure autumn final grades are posted before you send transcripts from that institution.
1 Vilniaus universiteto Senato komisijos 2013-06-20 nutarimas Nr. SK-2013-8-11, „Asmens, studijavusio kitoje šalies ar užsienio aukštojoje mokykloje ir norinčio tęsti studijas Vilniaus universitete, priėmimo tvarkos aprašas“ , http://www.vu.lt/site_files/SD/Studentams/SP/SRD/Asmens_studijavusio_kitoje_AM_priemimo_tvarka.pdf